Copyright © 2012 Michael D. Kliff, Inc. All rights reserved.
We Offer FREE
• Tax Organizers
• Review of Prior 3 years
• Federal & State E-FILING
for all returns we prepare
• Initial Legal consultations
Your Best Source for Professional, Value-Driven, Competitively Priced Service.
Professional Legal Expertise
- I earned my JD degree from John Marshal Law School, located in Chicago, IL and I have been licensed to practice law in Illinois since 1986.
- Through continuing education courses, professional publications, and contact with other legal professionals, I stay up to date on current changes and future trends in the federal & Illinois laws, local ordinances, rules and regulations, and filing requirements.
- I attempt to explain the law in language you can understand.
Real Estate Closing Services
- I can represent you as either a buyer or seller of commercial or residential real estate in Lake, Cook, DuPage, Will and Winnebago counties. Before the real estate market collapsed at the end of 2009, I had been handling on average 75 to 100 closings a year.
- My services include drafting a contract for a buyer if no real estate agent is involved, review of the accepted contract under the attorney approval contingency, including review of the real estate tax bill to insure the proper tax proration is calculated, and recommending changes in the terms of the contract to protect your interests, writing the attorney approval & inspection letter to request changes in the contract and property inspection deficiencies to be repaired (if representing the buyer), monitoring the loan status with the lender to insure that the buyer received a written mortgage commitment within the terms of the mortgage contingency and requesting extensions as necessary (if representing the buyer), ordering title insurance, survey, mortgage & association payoff documents, and obtaining local transfer stamps (if representing the seller), drafting the deed, bill of sale, affidavit of title, and other necessary closing documents (if representing the seller), attending the closing to review the closing documents and suggest solutions to resolve issues that may develop.
Estate Planning Services
- Through offering a pre-printed questioner and asking the right questions, I attempt to obtain all the necessary information to enable me to draft an estate plan that accomplishes your desired goals.
- Professional state-of-the art software technology is utilized to computer prepare estate planning documents (wills, trusts, powers of attorney) to help ensure that they are done correctly.
- Your existing estate plan documents are reviewed free of charge. I may make suggestions to improve or correct the documents to better accomplish your needs and provide an estimate for these legal services.
- I provide guidance and advice tailored to your specific family situation to help you minimize your current estate tax exposure and make sure that your estate is distributed to your heirs and beneficiaries in the most cost efficient manner.
Business Formation Services
- I provide guidance and advice tailored to your specific business situation to help you select the best form for your business to maximize tax advantages and minimize your start-up costs.
- I prepare all documents needed to establish the entity of your choice (partnership, corporation, LLC) which can all be reviewed and signed at one visit.
- My services include not only preparing documents to establish the business entity, but I also prepare the documents to register the new business with the IRS (for income & payroll taxes, and making the S-corporation election, if necessary), IL Dept. of Revenue (for income, payroll & sales taxes), and IDES (for employment taxes). In addition, for corporations & LLC, I provide a records book which includes stock certificates, the initial minutes of the first shareholder & board member meetings, and other records.
Other Legal Services
- Probate Services - I can represent you as an independent administrator of the estate for either a testate estate (under a written will) or intestate estate (without a written will) of a deceased individual from Cook or Lake counties.
- Uncontested Divorce Services - I can represent you as the petitioner for an uncontested divorce in Lake or Cook counties.
- Drafting Agreements for Buying or Selling a Business - I can represent you as either a buyer or seller of the assets or stock of a business entity.
- Flexibility and Convenience
- My office hours are: During the tax season (January 15 thru April 15) 8am to 7pm Mon & Tues, 9am to 5pm Wed to Fri; 9am to 1pm Sat Non-tax season (April 16 thru Jan 14) 9am to 5pm Mon to Fri; Sat by appointment only
- My office is open year-round.
- You can drop off, mail, email or fax your information to me anytime, and stop by to review & sign your completed returns at your convenience or receive your completed returns by mail.
Video's Coming Soon!
Check back with us for some
important tips from Mike Kliff!